The legendary Palio di Siena horse races are the highlight of the Siena calendar, and an incredibly awe-inspiring sporting spectacle. Held twice a year on the 2nd July and the 16th August, the atmospheric races involve 10 horses and riders competing to circle the famous Piazza del Campo three times.
With a history that dates back to 1656 the races are a traditionally lively competition between 10 of Siena's seventeen contrada (city wards). Riders and horses will be decked out in the colours of their contrada and this grandeur is all part of the race's exciting draw.
On a tailor-made Exsus Travel trip, escape the crowds gathering to watch, and instead experience this unique spectacle from the exclusive surroundings of a private window space overlooking Piazza del Campo - complete with drinks and dinner.
DETAILED ITINERARY INCLUSIONS:
- Private transfers to and from Florence airport
- 3 nights B&B accommodation at Castel Monastero
- Exclusive access to a private window overlooking Piazza del Campo on the day of the race
- Shared transfers to and from Siena on the day of the race
- Drinks and a buffet dinner in Siena on the day of the race
- Daily access to Castel Monastero's spa and one 50-minute treatment
- One dinner at Castel Monastero's Contrada restaurant
PLEASE NOTE: Tickets will be sold as part of a tailor-made holiday and we will not be selling tickets only.