Exsus Travel is a privately owned company that has been creating luxury tailor-made holidays for more than 14 years. Our business is luxury. We specialise in only the very best accommodation and destinations to ensure our discerning clients have the holiday of a lifetime. All our staff travel abroad regularly, familiarising themselves with the latest hotels and developments in all the destinations that we feature
Reporting directly to the MD, the Head of Product will form part of the senior leadership team and will be responsible for all ensuring that we plan, contract and operate industry leading product. You will also be responsible for overseeing all commercial activity and acting as the key liaison with our overseas offices.
Passionate about travel, the Head of Product ensures that we have on sale a range of product that caters to the Exsus client demographic, whilst continuing to push the boundaries with pioneering product. You are responsible for sales, and marketing content, ensuring that this is both inspiring and accurate. As Head of Product you will be accountable for the overall profitability of the company's sales growth and operating profit of all the relevant company’s products across the range.
Your principle duties would include:
- Responsible for all product development and for ensuring it is based on the strategic aims of the business, and in line with the market-led product strategy briefs
- Responsible for recognising market trends, new destinations and sourcing new suppliers who can provide exclusive “experiential” tailor-made trips.
- Having a close understanding of the competitive environment and to ensure that we have the very best ground costs.
- Build on existing supplier relationships as well as actively sourcing potential new business partners.
- To have ownership of all operational supplier relationships and to be responsible for achieving and maintaining the very best working relationship in each case. Highlight potential revenue generation with key suppliers through sponsored e-shots and targeted over-rides with key hotel providers.
- To be accountable for ensuring all products on sale within the geographical area adhere to the company’s stringent guidelines on quality, safety and responsible travel.
- To ensure that good, regular and concise communication is maintained between the Product team and all other areas of the business.
- This includes the timely provision of product information required to maximise customer satisfaction and sales – including up to date planning sheets, updating the Product Database, sales-focussed text and images for web, brochures, third party websites, one-off campaigns, PR releases and training material, etc.
- To have ownership of product-based PR for the specific geographical areas and to ensure that it is considered at all stages of the product cycle. To be actively and regularly involved in PR and other promotional activity.
- Responsible for all commercial activity and liaising with all internal departments, including Head of Sales and Marketing to secure marketing funds & tactical offers from Tourist Boards & Suppliers for promotional activities
- Responsible for liaising with our rapidly growing network of overseas offices and understanding their product needs and assisting with their sales enquiries and challenges.
- Deal with sales enquiries if necessary especially in areas where we don’t have sales specialists with the necessary experience of the product.
- Arrange and conduct product training as and when required to ensure sales staff have a high level of product knowledge.
- Attendance at product and marketing events as required. To travel overseas as and when required. This is to meet our ground agents (who provide transport, accommodation and tour leaders) to negotiate and contract, as well as to familiarise yourself with our product.
- You should be comfortable in taking responsibility to challenge current processes and participate in designing and delivering strategic growth.
- It is important that the Head of Product should be able to quickly and decisively react to changing market conditions to continually drive towards achieving and then exceeding company and personal targets.
Skills/ Knowledge required:
- Excellent customer services and communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- A positive and enthusiastic approach and the willingness to be hands on
- Demonstrate the ability to work under your own initiative
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to identify opportunities for business growth
- Knowledge of luxury market advantageous
Competitive salary and other benefits available.
Deadline: Friday 4th March 2016
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to our plans for expansion we are looking for a number of Travel Sales Experts to join our busy team for various destinations Worldwide. If you share our passion for travel, have at least two years' travel sales experience (ideally in the luxury sector) and love creating unique, inspirational trips we would love to hear from you.
Reporting to the Sales Director, the key responsibilities of the Travel Sales Experts will be:
- To work closely with high-end, discerning clients to create tailor-made trips using your first hand knowledge and personal expertise
- To respond quickly to new enquiries, build rapport and show a good understanding of your clients' needs
- To design innovative and inspiring itineraries
- To work closely with our marketing team to provide insight into new product and share ideas about your specialist area
Desired skills and experience:
- At least two years' previous sales experience within the travel industry, preferably the luxury sector.
- To be target motivated whilst delivering a high level of customer service
- To have a proven track record of achieving monthly and quarterly sales targets
- To have a high level of commercial acumen
- To have the ability to work well under pressure
- To possess excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- To be passionate about travel with a curiosity to learn about new regions
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter, stating clearly in which area/s you specialise, to email@example.com
Exsus Travel creates bespoke tailor made trips to some of the most culturally diverse locations throughout the world. We are now looking for a bright and ambitious intern to come and help out with a range of projects for 3 months, largely focusing on assisting our busy team of sales consultants and product managers.
The internship will last for 3 months and would suit a recent graduate. Our ideal candidate should have a passion for travel and some knowledge of the destinations we feature, along with excellent verbal and written ability, organisational skills and a strong eye for detail. In addition to this we are looking for somebody who can display enthusiasm for the Exsus Travel product, and is helpful and ready to get involved with the day to day running of Exsus with a view to building a successful career in the travel industry. This will be an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to experience working in an award-winning travel company and build a diverse range of skills.
To apply please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject heading 'Sales Internship'.